Thursday April 11, 2013
- Born 17 weeks early
- Weighed 1.5lbs
- Her heart stopped upon delivery and needed resuscitation
- Right lung appeared collapsed
- Esophagus was undeveloped, ending in a blind sack
- Blood pressure was extremely low
- Airlifted from Riverside to Anaheim
- She’s placed on an oscillator which supports her lungs and breathing
Friday April 12, 2013
- Gained 1/2 pound
- Ultrasound revealed level one bleeding on the brian.
- Discovered she has Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) which is condition in all 24 week babies where the one of the heart vessels does not close
- Blood pressure remained low
- Oxygen levels in blood irregular
- Received one blood transfusion
- Blood found in lungs
Saturday April 13, 2013
- Her body is extremely swollen and bruised do to fragile state of her skin
- They placed her under a UV light to address bruises and jaundice
- Blood pressure beginning to stabilize
- Received second blood transfusion
- Oxygen levels in blood still very irregular
- Functioning on 100% oxygen (goal is 21%)
- Doctor gives her Surfactant to help keep the lungs expanded
- Blood found in urine
- Blood sugar is abnormally high
- Received transfusion of clotting factors to prevent further bleeding
Sunday April 14, 2013
- Second ultrasound reveals level four bleed in brain.
This type of brain bleed is consistent with severe mental retardation and cerebral palsy.
- Doctor gives three options: 1) Maintain same level of care, 2) Maintain same level of care but do not resuscitate, 3) Remove all support and hold her while she dies.
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Line is inserted into right arm
- Functioning on 76.3% oxygen (goal is 21%)
- The church comes to hospital and prays!
Monday April 15, 2013
- First stable night for Emilie since Thursday
- Blood pressure stabilizes
- Oxygen levels in blood stabilize
- Functioning on 55% oxygen (goal is 21%)
- Holly discharged from hospital
Tuesday April 16, 2013
- Levels remain consistent!
- Blood Oxygen levels improve
- Functioning on 39% oxygen (goal is 21%)
- Doctor informs us that on Wednesday they will perform 3rd ultrasound on brain… #praychurch